Friday, October 30, 2009

Its Never Over

My Thought is its NEVER OVER. As Humans our natural tendency is to look for a "DIET" . That word is so confusing to most people. A diet in the eyes of most individuals is only a means to lose weight, hmmmmm
what about the rest of the population? The simple fact is every single person in the world is on a DIET. Some are on a good plan of complex carbohydrates, lean meat and other good proteins and good fats , with plenty of water. Some folks are on a FAD diet they eat soup, or popcorn , or some other crazy thing.
I had a lady tell me she ate watermelon, chickenbreasts and almonds for 6 months. I quickly told her thats not how I roll, that lifestyle change is what it all needs to be about. She insisted she had changed her lifestyle and lost 22 lbs........until Thanksgiving at her mothers ... I told her it was ok to have the cheat meal on a lifestyle change. The truth of the matter was she used this weird DIET to lose weight and when she had got into the dress she was working towards wearing that was the end.

I myself am on a diet/eating lifestyle, I am not in the weight loss mode, I am King over the food, I will not be a slave to a BIG MAC or FrenchFries....taco bell thats digestive hell.

I run into people all the time and there complaint is, it is to expensive to eat healthy , and most of these folks will eat fast food more than once a week, I have to believe in my heart that expense is more of a cop out than a problem. The plain and simple truth is people want convenience, and don't buy into the benefits that eating healthy affords all of us.

I know for a fact just by my own experience, the difference in Exercise with a good balanced diet or Exercise and NO change in your eating, the balanced diet wins hands down.

I was talking to a friend last night, hi JOYCEY ;-) I came up with a thought and I believe it to be the truth
Diet fuels your body and Excercise Fuels your mind , when you put the two in balance you will become a much happier person.

I didn't like to exercise when I started. I was asked the question recently ,how long did it take for me to learn to enjoy my workouts? In all honesty when I thought about the question, the answer was more than a year. I had lost the biggest part of my weight between Oct 2005 and May 2006 and I was working as a caddy and decided I didnt need to workout anymore , I was gettin plenty of exercise carrying bags around the golf course. November came the golf course closed. I had a hard time deciding to get back in a routine, when I finally started back with p90 master series I HURT SO BAD it was like starting all over again. That made my decision to enjoy my workouts much easier ;-) I am not a fan of being so sore I cant move ;-)

So thats about all I have on my mind tonight. D = Decide I = Intend E = Extraordinary T= Tomorrows

And just like I started out with the title ITS NEVER OVER

Thanks
Earl/Wink Broughfman

No comments: