Friday, October 30, 2009

Another Year Gone

I will be 49 the 8th of MAY , that is a long period of time if you look back on it, but living it somehow makes it seem shorter. I am Beginning my 50th year on this planet in better shape than anybody could have ever dreamed I could be in.
2005 was a very special year for me. I was sitting in my Den as usual in the middle of the night and DISCOVERED BeachBody POWER90 and Tony Horton. Picking up the telephone and dialing that toll free number has been the single most life altering event in my life.

Power90 and Tony Horton literally set me free from a life of morbid obesity, Medications are History.
Exercise and Healthy eating is the piece of the puzzle that so many people are missing. I myself could not find the missing piece, and no one can show it to you, its like a game of Russian Roulette. How much cholesterol can your arteries take before they close down, How hard can our organs work to sustain us.

There are a lot of people no longer with us to Celebrate there Birthday. The ones I am speaking of chose to ignore the puzzle, they didn't seek the missing piece. They chose the easy way, ignore the problem it will go away. They chose eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

There is nothing easy, and there is an old saying if it is worth having it is worth working for.
My body is not the best, I am not the strongest or fastest , I know I dont have the Best diet,
but I show up everyday, I was listening to Tony on the fountain of youth yoga DVD, and he made a statement that went to my heart. This may not be verbatim But essentially the whole deal is this when you show up everyday do the right things, exercise , eat a healthy diet , and you do this year after year after year GREAT CHANGES HAPPEN , Most of you know me or know who I am and know my story, for those of you that don't you can read my blog www.mdbwink.blogspot.com or look at my website www.winkwon.com

I had choices to make in 2005. I have choices to make tomorrow, all of them will not be perfect.
We all stumble and fall, do we choose to get back up and dust our pants off, or do we choose to lay down defeated beaten.
We all know the enemy, everytime you wake up in the morning and stand in front of the mirror you are looking him or her right in the eye. The enemy says I dont look to bad today, I can get by without working out. The enemy will take you to buffets and say it is good, just have a couple more of those mmmmmm thats good. The enemy loves to take you out with your buddies or girlfriends and drink till the bar closes. The enemy is showing you false love in all these cases.

I guess My point in all of this randomness is to LOVE yourself enough to defeat the enemy within. I want all of you to celebrate years of Birthdays DECADES of birthdays in GOOD HEALTH. The only way this is going to happen though, is to walk the straight and narrow, learn to love your workouts, learn to love eating healthy. If you can learn these things you can truly be the person you would LOVE to be.

Another person once said "if it was easy everybody would do it" Will you trade these years you have right now, when you have the opportunity to make changes in your life that will positively affect your future, for a life of sedentary pleasures that will ultimately make you another bad statistic in your GOLDEN YEARS.

Please, Join me and the many other thousands in the fight against obesity. You have a choice to make, please make it the right one and join me, and Help me to Celebrate my Birthday by loving yourself enough to make the changes in your life.

cya soon
Wink ;-)

No comments: